If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what I think, then I’d definitely recommend Ezoic. Set-up is extremely easy, customer service is one of the best I have ever worked with, and our EPMV has increased by 36% after 1 month! Click here to try Ezoic!
Ever since starting witandfolly.co a year ago one of my goals has been to partner with Ezoic because of its powerful data-driven AI ad system that I kept hearing about. At the beginning of the year witandfolly.co got approved and this is my 1-month review of how things have gone with them.
Our website is still relatively small at about the 10k visitors a month mark. If you have a blog this size or are just starting, I hope this will give you an idea of what to expect.
I plan to update this article every month so you can follow along on our progress with Ezoic. If there is anything else you would like to see in this review, just let me know too!
What is the Ezoic Platform?
Ezoic is an end to end platform that gives publishers, bloggers, and website owners a complete set of tools to monetize and improve their website. The most well-known tools in their platform and the one I will be talking about the most is Ezoic’s Ad tester.
What makes Ezoic’s Ad Tester unique when compared to other ad platforms like strictly Google Adsense, Media.net, or another ad network is that Ezoic uses data-driven machine learning to optimize the how what and where ads are placed on your site.
The cool thing is that once you are set up to run Ezoic on your site, you don’t need to do anything. Ezoic’s Ad Tester will automatically split test ad density, ad location, and the behaviors of different segments of visitors when they visit your site to figure out what ad configuration should be shown to what user.
Then over time, as more data from your site is fed to Ezoic’s AI system, the ad configuration on your site will continue to improve and will perform better. This has been proven to improve user experience and increase overall site engagement, which in turn increases the revenue earned from the display ads.
As I mentioned already, in addition to the Ad Tester, Ezoic also has an entire suite of tools that can help you improve your website. Here are my favorite tools that come with using Ezoic:
Site Speed Accelerator
This is Ezoic’s site speed and caching tool which can dramatically improve your page speed. Based on Ezoic’s study from December 2019, they claimed that on average websites increased their site speed by 200% after implementing the Site Speed Accelerator.
From my own experience after implementing the Site Speed Accelerator, my site speed didn’t increase by 200%, but it did increase by more than 100%. This is much better than other site speed plugins I have tried.
Note: They offer a free 7-day trial, but after the trial period there is a minimal monthly fee based on website traffic.
Big Data Analytics
Ezoic’s free analytics tool which looks and feels a lot like Google Analytics. The difference is that with Big Data Analytics you will be able to see much more specific ad revenue data like revenue by landing page and revenue by device. It would not be possible to track these types of metrics through the free version of Google Analytics.
Google AMP Converter
This free tool allows you to convert any of your website’s pages into a Google AMP compliant mobile site. The good thing about going through Ezoic’s AMP converter is that it is guaranteed to be compatible with your ad set-up and will maintain your desktop site’s functionality.
One issue with other AMP converters is that they can strip the AMP version of your site of certain functions such as button and menu functionality. I’m not going to get into the details of what Google AMP is, but if you want to learn more here is a great article from HubSpot.
Ezoic’s Layout Tester works similarly as the Ad Tester, except that it tests your page layout instead of ad layout. With the Layout Tester, Ezoic’s system will automatically perform a series of multivariate tests to determine which layout is best suited for which user segment and will display the best layout based on the data. The Layout Tester also runs the same multivariate tests for your mobile pages.
I haven’t been able to use this tool yet, but once my Ad Tester has had more time to collect data, I plan to use this too.
Items to Consider Before Going with Ezoic
Melissa and I started this website pretty recently so I still remember how difficult it can be to get your blog off the ground. You have to build the site, write content, figure out SEO, worry about if people will read your articles, and then think about how you’re going to monetize the website.
I think the best way to build your site is to take it one step at a time and to look forward to certain milestones like hitting a certain traffic volume, having your first $5 day, or getting approved by ad networks.
As I mentioned already, one of the biggest milestones for our website so far has been getting approved by Ezoic.
Although it would be awesome if everyone who wanted to join Ezoic could, there are certain requirements that you have to meet before you get approved. This is similar to other ad networks and it ensures that your website will be able to perform to a high standard.
Here are the Ezoic requirements that you have to meet to get approved:
Ezoic requires your website to have at least 10k visits per month. As I went over already, Ezoic is a data-driven AI system so they require 10k visits per month minimum to be able to collect enough data to optimize your site.
With that said, depending on the quality of your content and if you meet the other requirements below, you might be able to get approved just short of 10k visits per month. Our website got approved in January 2020 and in that month we received 9.2k visits.
Compliant with Google
Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner, which means your site needs to be compliant with Google’s policies to be in the Ezoic ad network. This includes, but is not limited to the following (source):
- No invalid clicks/impressions
- Not falsely encouraging clicks
- Not offering copyrighted material/downloads
- Not offering counterfeit goods
- The site should have reliable traffic sources
- Not using automatically generated content
- Not creating empty pages with no original content
- Not using content that is copied from other webpages
- Not keyword stuffing
- Not using adult / dangerous / derogatory content
- Not offering alcohol/tobacco / healthcare-related content
- Not using aggressive/threatening content
- Not using illegal content
Google Ad Exchange Approved
Contrary to what many people think, you don’t need to be approved for Google Adsense to use Ezoic. (Thanks to Johnny from thephotographerspassport.com for sharing this from his own experience).
There are some benefits if you do already have a Google Adsense account as you can connect your Ezoic account to your Google Adsense to pull your historical Adsense data. This will allow Ezoic to create a baseline for your website and optimize your ad revenue quicker.
With that said, you will need to apply and be approved for the Google Ad Exchange after your integration with Ezoic to start serving ads. The process is really simple to do and only takes a few minutes.
The good news is that since Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner, there is a very high likelihood of you getting approved for the Google Ad Exchange if you have already been approved for Ezoic.
Note: If you have not applied for Google Adsense yet, it doesn’t hurt to apply now as the time it takes to get approved can vary. To give you an idea, it took about a month for Google Adsense to approve this website. If you don’t know how just head over to the Google Adsense page for clear instructions on the application process.
Quality Content Rich Informational Site
Ezoic is looking for websites that publish consistent high-quality content that is informational for the reader. As of now, they don’t work with any e-commerce sites, but if you have a blog connected to your e-commerce site it could work.
Site Speed and Caching Plugin Compatibility – Not a Requirement, Just Something to Keep in Mind
This is not an Ezoic requirement, but it is something to keep in mind before you start going through the Ezoic setup process. Some caching plugins such as WP Rocket only work with Ezoic if you integrate through Nameserver. It’s best to check with your Ezoic account manager and your site speed and caching plugin developer on Ezoic compatibility before you get started.
3 Primary Ways to Integrate your Site with Ezoic
- WordPress Plugin: I chose this option as I have no technical knowledge and did not have CloudFlare CDN when I went through the initial set up. The downside is you do not get all the functionality of Ezoic.
- CloudFlare CDN: Integrating through Cloudflare CDN is one of the most common and easiest ways to integrate your site. You get full Ezoic functionality.
- Nameserver: Integrating through nameserver is also one of the most common and easiest ways to integrate your site. You get full Ezoic functionality.
Let’s Get Into What Ezoic is All About
The biggest reason why people decide to go with Ezoic and the reason why I decided to go with Ezoic is that they claim they can increase your ad revenue through its data-driven AI system.
In fact, according to a study they conducted in 2019, they found that on average a site was able to increase their ad revenue by 259% and EPMV, which means how much money you are making per 1,000 visitors increased by 123% after integrating with Ezoic for 1 year.
The study includes websites at all traffic levels from 2k visitors per month to 500k visitors per month. I thought it would be interesting to see what type of improvements a small site like ours with roughly 10k visitors per month could expect.
After filtering the data set from the study, this is what I found:
- Out of the 50 websites that are in the report, 9 websites started with Ezoic with monthly traffic below or near 10k visitors per month.
- These 9 websites averaged a monthly revenue increase of 108.70%
- The same 9 websites averaged a monthly EPMV increase of 46.82%
What is notable is that in 3 out of the 9 sites, monthly traffic declined after a year while EPMV still increased. In my opinion, this is likely due to the Ezoic’s AI system optimizing the ad configuration on these sites to best service its different visitor segments.
The increase in revenue isn’t the only benefit you get from integrating your site with Ezoic. Here are some of the other big advantages you get compared to other ad platforms that you can apply for at the 10k visitors per month level.
- Automated Multivariate Testing: It would be close to impossible to test and optimize all the combinations of ad placements and layouts at the scale Ezoic does. Just to give you an idea of the number of combinations that Ezoic is testing for you AUTOMATICALLY, take a look at this chart which shows the number of ad combinations tested based on how many ad placeholders you place on your site.
- Ease of Use: Ezoic is super easy to set up and the control panel is intuitive to use. If you have any issues, they also have incredible customer service and loads of information on their website.
- Customer Service: The customer service Ezoic provides is one of the best I have ever encountered. Once you are approved, you will be connected with an account manager who will help you set up the Ad Tester and is there to answer any questions that you might have. I swear it seems like, Laura, my Ezoic account manager never takes a day off!
- Improved User Experience: One of the downsides of running ads on your site is a more clunky user experience. The good thing about Ezoic is that over time it will be able to customize the user experience to different visitor segments after it has had enough time to collect data.
My Experience with Ezoic After 1 Month (Updated Monthly Until September 2020)
After reading about these results with Ezoic, I’m very excited to see how our website will progress over this next year.
Since this website just got approved for Ezoic and has only been running Ezoic’s ad tester for just about a month, I plan to update this section monthly so that you can follow along with how things are going.
So far I have 5 months of Google Adsense earnings data and 1 month of Ezoic earnings data to give you a baseline of where I am starting from.
Again, as of now, this site gets a decent amount of traffic at about 10k visitors per month, but it is by no means a large website. I hope by sharing these website stats with you, it’ll give you an idea of what to expect at these early growth stages of your website when it comes to ad revenue.
Note: One of the biggest downsides of Google Adsense when you first get started is that their withdrawal minimum is $100 versus Ezoic’s $20. This means it could be many months until you’re able to withdraw your first paycheck from Google Adsense when you’re growing to the 10k visitors per month milestone.
Timeline of Displaying Ads on witandfolly.co
July 2019 – First full month with Google Adsense
- Visitors: 4,108
- Pageviews: 5,609
- Google Adsense Revenue: $9.09
- Visitors: 5,458
- Pageviews: 7,129
- Google Adsense Revenue: $23.47
- Visitors: 6,375
- Pageviews: 8,226
- Google Adsense Revenue: $22.35
- Visitors: 7,112
- Pageviews: 9,178
- Google Adsense Revenue: $21.77
- Visitors: 8,189
- Pageviews: 10,465
- Google Adsense Revenue: $36.27
- At this point, I decided to decrease the amount of Google Ads shown as I didn’t think it was worth the low earnings for the potential negative user experience.
- Visitors: 8,747
- Pageviews: 11,559
- Google Adsense Revenue: $29.48
- I started to move over from strictly Google Adsense to Ezoic. On January 13, 2020, I fully integrated witandfolly.co with Ezoic and ran all our ads through them.
- Visitors: 9,205
- Pageviews: 11,957
- Google Adsense Revenue: $9.09
- EPMV using Google Adsense from July 2019 – January 2020 was $2.51.
- The site has been integrated with Ezoic from January 13, 2020, until now.
- We ended the month of February with an EPMV of $3.43, which was an increase of 36% from using strictly Google Adsense!
- March was a crazy month and not in a good way. After the COVID 19 Pandemic hit, our lost ~25% of its traffic as many of our top-ranking pages are in the travel niche.
- On the positive side, we also have strong content in the photography/videography niche so we were not hit as hard as some of our friends in the travel industry.
- The EPMV decreased to $2.31 for the month which made sense as our traffic decreased.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are focusing our efforts on the photography/videography niche and are optimistic about the site’s potential in the long term.
- April was more of the same as March and our overall site traffic remained lower than about 25% from our highs before the COVID19 pandemic.
- Our shift in content focus to more photography/videography seems to be working. We published at least 1 long-form piece of content every week and some pages are ranking on page 1 of the Google SERP already.
- EPMV decreased to $1.44 which made sense as we removed ads from some of our top-ranking pages to run content promotions.
- May was a great month and all of our efforts from shifting our content focus to photography/videography paid off.
- Our site traffic exploded and we increased our monthly visitors by about 70% from January 2020 highs.
- EPMV also increased to $2.64 for May and I expect it to continue to increase through the rest of the year.
- June was our best month yet and all of our efforts from shifting our content focus to photography/videography have continued to pay off. We are also starting to see traffic again in our travel-focused articles which is exciting to see.
- Our site traffic nearly doubled from May and we increased our monthly visitors by about 78% month over month.
- EPMV also increased to $3.81 for June and I expect it to continue to increase through the rest of the year. So far it has been true that Ezoic gets better with time as its machine learning churns through more of your website’s data.
- July was our best month yet and all of our efforts from shifting our content focus to photography/videography have continued to pay off. Traffic with our travel-related content has still not picked up.
- Our site traffic nearly doubled again from June and we increased our monthly visitors by about 71% month over month.
- EPMV also increased slightly to $4.36 for July and I expect it to continue to increase through the rest of the year. It still looks to be true that Ezoic performs better over time as it collects more website data.
- August is now our best month yet and our website traffic continues to trend upward. The good news is that we started to see travel-related content pick up again at the end of August. We expect it to continue to gain interest month to month from now on.
- Our site traffic broke 60k visitors in a single month for the first time.
- EPMV also increased to $5.89 for the month of August and I expect it to continue to increase as the Ezoic system continues to collect data on our site.
- At the end of the month, we made the big decision to move our site from Ezoic to Mediavine. The 2 main reasons why we decided to make the move is 1.) we have the flexibility to make the change as ad income is only a small part of our business; 2.) we like to always experiment with our site to see what works best.
- Since we made the switch to Mediavine, September 2020 will be the last time we will provide a monthly update for Ezoic. Overall, we had a great experience working with them and would strongly recommend anyone who is interested in displaying ads on their site to try them out!
- Overall, after using Ezoic for a total of 15 months we ended with an EPMV of $4.38. Although EMPV varies depending on the niche of your site, we think this will give you a good of what you can expect with Ezoic.
- If you have any additional questions, feel free to leave a comment below or email me at [email protected]!
Overall I have been extremely happy with Ezoic. Other than running into a little trouble with my site speed and caching plugin compatibility with Ezoic at first, set up was easy to complete and now Ezoic is automatically collecting data and optimizing my ad configuration day in and day out.
The best part about working with Ezoic is their customer service. I mentioned it before, but from the beginning, I was connected with an account manager who was there to answer any questions I had and to help me set up Ezoic.
They have even provided timely reports on the growth of my EPMV over time. Even though this is still a smaller site, my account manager doesn’t treat it like that whatsoever.
how you getting on with Ezoic, i moved over a month ago and they seem to be very good for me.
I’ve been liking it so far. Definitely much better than just using adsense which is what we moved from.
Thanks for all the great info. I’m almost at the 10k per month mark and am thinking about applying to Ezoic when I reach it. Definitely helped me with my decision.
You’re welcome and thanks for reading the article! Yeah, when you hit that mark or when you’re pretty close you should apply.
They approved me at less than 10,000
Yes, I mentioned in the article that they did for me as well. Thanks for letting me know though.
How long did it take for Ezoic to become active on your site? I installed the plugin over 24 hours ago and it’s not working yet.
It took a couple of weeks. Have you applied yet? After you apply through Ezoic, they have to review your site to see it meets the requirements before ads will be implemented.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Hey, I’m using Ezoic too, and it started working the next day after I got it. You have to clear all cookies on your browser otherwise you’ll just have to wait for them to expire. But the ads will still show for other new users.
Hi, thanks for your input! You should definitely consider yourself lucky then as this wasn’t my experience. It took our website about a week to get approved and the Ezoic specialist I was working with at the time also told me there was an approval process to go through. I guess this just shows it varies site by site.
You didn’t mention the plan and price.
how much you paid per month or year
Hi Nifras, thanks for your question! Ezoic has both free and paid plans. We’re using their free plan right now, which works for our business. The paid plans offer additional features, so we might upgrade in the future. If you go to their website you can compare the different plans. I hope this helps!
Hello! I want to know if it’s possible for websites that has social traffic to get accepted by ezoic?
Hi! Thanks for your question. Yes, I believe social traffic will count towards the site traffic requirement.
Thank you so much mate, it’s really helpful.
You’re welcome 🙂
hi, first this is the grate review about ezoic, and thanks for sharing an amazing post. how much you earned from 10k monthly pageviews from ezoic?
Thanks for reading the review! I published all the earnings at the bottom of this article.
Thanks for sharing. My website is using Media.net, can I apply with it or wait for AdSense?
Thanks for checking out the article! You can apply for Ezoic with Media.net and don’t need an AdSense account, although it is helpful to have.
So far i’m 2 weeks in to the Ezoic experiment and my earnings are very low compared to AdSense. Load time is also slow which is driving users down too. I’ll give it some time to be fair but so its a disappointment.
Hi Robert, thanks for the comment. That is unfortunate to hear but I think you should definitely give it at least 3-4 months before making a decision. Ezoic uses big data so it will take some time for the system to optimize to your site. As you can see from our month by month, it has been a journey for us and we are finally starting to see the improvements. Site speed is one of the downsides and that is a fair concern. Are you using a site speed plugin?
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that you may want to make a few adjustments to this post as some of the information is a little inaccurate. You mention that you need to be AdSense approved to join Ezoic
“Since Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner, it means they require your site to be approved by Google AdSense and are able to show AdSense ads.”
This is actually not the case as I was approved by Ezoic this month without AdSense. You do however need to get accepted into Google AdExchange during the signup process. I couldn’t get approved with AdSense and after reading this I almost didn’t try to apply to Ezoic, I’m glad I did though as I’m already starting to see great results.
Hey Jonny, I really appreciate you letting me know that. Many of the sites I researched mentioned you needed Google Adsense approval, but I should have dug a little deeper. I just changed that section and gave you a shout out for your help!
Ezoic support is one of the WORST!!!! Waiting time is like weeks and it shouldn’t be. If you got time go elsewhere. Ezoic sucks with support and that’s my main reason why i went to other service and I’m not the only one.
Hi Jonny, thanks for your comment although I have to disagree. Ezoic support has been one of the best I have worked with. As I mentioned in the article, when I first got started, I was assigned to a point person and she helped with all the questions I had. She even ran some reports to me to let me know what type of articles were generating the best EPMV.
Hi, I’m with Ezoic since February 2020. What would you recommend to increase EPMV? Also, I’m in the free plan, Would you recommend paying the monthly plan instead? Thanks
Thanks for the questions and for checking out the article. For your EPMV question, have you talked with your Ezoic Website Optimization Specialist? They helped set up my site with ad placements when I first got started. If you have already done so, then I think the best thing you can do is to give Ezoic time. In the article you will see our timeline with Ezoic. It has taken some time for the EPMV to increase, but it is steadily increasing. As for the paid plan, I think Ezoic Premium is invite only. I haven’t been invited yet, so unfortunately don’t have much first hand experience with it. I hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions!
bravo.. its a great review related to ezoic.. I am going to apply for ezoic .. hope it will help my revenue grow..
Thanks for reading! I hope you the best in using Ezoic!
Or I must link adsense account to ezoic?
Thanks for your question. Yes, Ezoic works with Google AdSense. Here is a video from Ezoic showing how to link your AdSense account to Ezoic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izERojzHyu8
I’m not sure why your AdSense code would be removed. Have your tried asking your Ezoic Website Optimization Specialist?
How we can implement ezoic code on amp site I recently approved in ezoic.
Thanks for your question! After you implement the Ezoic Ads into the desktop version of your site, it should automatically work with the AMP pages that you have. At least that was the case for our site.
If it doesn’t work, I would reach out to your Ezoic Web Optimization specialist.
I see that you put your revenue for Adsense each month, but you didn’t share your Ezoic revenue. Is there a reason you did that? Will you be updating your article with that info?
Hi Jason, thanks for your question. The reason is that I decided to publish EPMV (earnings per 1,000 visitors) instead of total monthly revenue once I fully moved over to Ezoic as I think that’s a better measure of how profitable the ad set up is. I plan to keep it this way for now as its easier to compare month to month even as site traffic fluctuates.
I m little confuse about Ezoic. Can I use both Google AdSense and Ezoic Ads in my 1 Website?
Hi Kavya, thanks for your question! Yes, you can use both Google AdSense and Ezoic Ads at the same time. There is an option within your dashboard that allows you to choose what % of ads are served through Ezoic vs Google Adsense.
very nice information
Thanks for reading Vishal and I’m glad you found it useful!
I thin i will try it but what if you try ezoic and want to go back to adsense, is it okay?
Hi Nada! That’s great that you’re going to give Ezoic a try. Yes, you can disable Ezoic ads at anytime. However, I have found the longer you let Ezoic collect data the better your site will perform.
Hi Tom, you’re with Mediavine now. May I ask what made you make the switch? They require 50k sessions now not 25k so I’m looking at Ezoic as an option thanks
Hi Lisa, yes, we actually switched to Mediavine just a couple of days ago. The reason why we switched is that we just hit their requirement and have the flexibility to experiment with our ad set-up. We had a great time with Ezoic and have only positive things to say about them. Out of all the options that there is under 25k sessions per month, Ezoic is by far the best one we have tried, and still recommend it to anyone we can!
Thanks Tom! did you find that Ezoic really slowed your site down and was the transition to mediavine easy or was there a lot of code you had to remove and did it get messy etc? thanks so much!
Hi Lisa, you’re welcome and thanks for your follow up questions! Ezoic did slow our site down a little bit, but I don’t think it was nearly as bad as what I heard before trying out Ezoic. Plus, the ad revenue we earned more than made up for a slightly slower site. To counteract the slower site speed, I also used Google AMP for mobile pages and Nitropack as a site speed plugin for the desktop version of our site. This combination solved any slower site speed issue and I actually still use this combination now.
The transition to Mediavine was extremely seamless. You’re not under any contract with Ezoic, so you can remove their ads at any time and move over to Mediavine. Once you’re signed up with Mediavine, I believe they have a 90-day contract, though. If you do have to remove code, it will be very minimal as you can accomplish most of the changes in Ezoic dashboard. I’m not technical at all and I had no trouble.
If you have any more questions please let me know! You can also reach me at my email [email protected] if that’s easier for you too!
Hi – so do Mediavine make it worth the move? Do they offer a much better return? Just wondering why you left Ezoic if they were so good? I saw you said it was because you met their requirements, but that’s not necessarily a reason to move. I assume their rates are better?
Hi Jo, thanks for the question. Mediavine doesn’t offer or guarantee a rate when you make the move over. I’m assuming this is the same with most other ad platforms too. Prior to making the move over, I heard from others in our niche that they were finding success with Mediavine so I thought it was worth the try as we met the requirements. So far it seems to be true as we have roughly doubled our revenue (might still be early to say though). With that said, I understand rates are dependent on website niche and I know some people who actually earn more with Ezoic. I still think Ezoic is the best choice if you’re under the 50k monthly session requirement for Mediavine. However, once you meet the requirement your best bet is to try both to see which works better with your site.
Let me know if that answers your questions and if you have any more!
Ezoic is good but there is the speed issue. How are you dealing with that?
Hi Duncan, thanks for your question. I’m using Google AMP for my mobile pages and for overall site speed solution, Nitropack. Using this combination site speed with Ezoic wasn’t much of an issue.
I have AdSense approved website, I have more than 10k visitors monthly. But ezoic has not approved my site for ad service. Now I can’t see monetization features on my ezoic dashboard.
1. How can I reapply for monetization, if there is no option for reapplying?
2. What might be the reason for not approving my site for ad services?
Please help me with the above questions.
Hi Sharan! Thanks for your questions. Based on my understanding, Ezoic approves each website individually so the time it takes to be approved varies. Have you reached out to Ezoic to ask about the status of your website? When I first applied, I followed up and received a prompt response.
I’ve been with Ezoic for a couple of months now, I applied when I hit 25k monthly sessions. I am happy with their result, making way more than I did with Adsense. Now I am trying their Premium, and only time will tell. I am currently around 28k sessions, so there is still some time to qualify for Mediavine. I wonder though if it is worth it. It would be nice to see your updates when you see more about how your revenue is changing with Mediavine.
I’m glad to hear that everything has been going well for you with Ezoic! That was my experience with them too. As for Mediavine, I think the only way to be able to know is to try it out once you hit Mediavine’s requirements as I understand performance varies by website niche. I’m not sure if I’ll publish my Mediavine results in this article, but that’s a great suggestion. If it helps, we have roughly doubled our ad rates since moving to Mediavine.
Do you mind telling us how it is going with Mediavine? I have almost the same results as you, an EMPV of 2.81 with Ezoic which I think is low. Seen any improvements with Mediavine?
Hi Liam, thanks for your question! Yeah, I don’t mind at all. After switching over to Ezoic our RPM has more than doubled. As I mentioned to some others, I understand improvements like this will really depend on the niche. So based on my experience so far with both Ezoic and Mediavine I definitely think it’s worth trying out both.
when you moved from Ezoic to Mediavine did you remove the Ezoic ad code from your site. Or you informed Ezoic that you are switching and Ezoic removed the code? Or was it handled by Mediavine?
Hi! Thanks for your question. You can turn off Ezoic ads directly from Ezoic’s backend. To disconnect completely you just go to “Settings” and turn off Ezoic. On the Mediavine side, they will ask if you are currently with another ad platform. If you are then they will check that all the previous ad code has been removed before they are able to serve Mediavine ads.
I hope this information helps and let me know if you have more questions!
Hi Tom, Thanks for the insight into your Ezoic journey.
Just launched Ezoic on my site this past week. I’m already concerned… about the speed. It’s atrocious!
I switched from WP Rocket to their “site speed accelerator” option. Went from a 1.5 second load time to 4. I’ll need to switch back to WPR. Unless I can find the right configuration (support is slow on my end).
Curious to know what you used (speed wise) during your time with Ezoic. I’m seeing your speed results are blowing mine away at this time. Is this due to Mediavine or something else?
Overall, does Mediavine seem to be faster vs. Ezoic?
Thanks for the article and your time, Chris
Hi Chris, thanks for reading the article!
Yes, it’s unfortunate how much Ezoic can slow down your site. Just curious, did you integrate your site through CloudFlare? Supposedly, it should help speed up your site if you’re using the Site Speed Accelerator in combination with CloudFlare. With that said, this didn’t work for me because I couldn’t figure out a conflict the CloudFlare integration had with my hosting at the time which was SiteGround.
I think our site speed is more because of the site speed solution we use than Mediavine. The one site speed solution that worked for me when I was with Ezoic and what I’m still currently using for the desktop version of our site is NitroPack.io. It’s pretty much a one-stop-shop and the reason why I like it is that I don’t have to worry about site speed now. The big downside with NitroPack is how much more expensive it is, so it might not make sense for you. For our mobile pages, I decided to go the AMP route. It’s not the best design-wise, but the speed is very good. For most sites, NitroPack could probably take care of both Desktop and Mobile optimized versions of the site. However, since we have such big content pieces, AMP was a better solution.
To answer your question about Mediavine, yes, it does seem faster and lighter weight than Ezoic. I didn’t run any speed comparison tests, but if you meet or when you meet Mediavine’s requirements I’d recommend them over Ezoic. Since our switch to Mediavine, our revenues have increased a good amount and it’s an overall better experience.
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
Hi Tom, Thanks for the feedback. I too have image-heavy content (photography/photoshop).
I’m thinking of switching back to WP Rocket and also use their CDN. It worked prior to and thought Ezoic’s solution would get Google Pagespeeds over 80 (as they claim). I’ll also take a Nitro for a spin. Not quite there yet for Mediavine but hope to be in a few months. Chris
Hi Chris, you’re welcome. I think switching back to WP Rocket will be a good start and saves you a little money too. If you end up checking out Nitro, let me know what you think. Also, if other questions come up just let me know too. Best, Tom
Hi, TOM I want to use it to increase my earning. But it does not have any kind of risk to my AdSense account. Please clear?
Hi Rudra, thanks for your question! You don’t actually need Adsense approval to use Ezoic so there is no risk. Having an Adsense does help in that you can link it to your Ezoic account to pull historical data. This will help Ezoic’s algorithm optimize your site faster.
Ezoic approves Blogger sites? Because I have a blogger website that has 50k + traffic.
Hi Chena! I think the best way to find out is to apply!
Hi Tom, i think it’s time to tell me how is Mediavine? are you happy with them? Rate, Support, everything how it goes?
Hi Awat! I really like Mediavine. I would say if you can get Mediavine approval it’s the one to go with. With that said, I still think the performance of Mediavine vs Ezoic will depend on what niche your site is in.